Thursday, June 3, 2010

Beginnings

I wanted to start with an introduction; I'm Joe Rudberg the new City Administrator for Breezy Point. What a start it has become! I have met many good people and dedicated employees. It has been a mix of lots of issues, new geography and learning the ropes. I'm enjoying the job and the new environment. Everyone has been very friendly and encouraging which has also been wonderful.

My attempt with this blog is to help us all better understand what's happening in the community. My goal is to post a blog weekly but they may be done periodically at the start. If there are issues that need some understanding or feedback presented please let me know, I'll do my best to address them.

I have rented a house in town and have settled in. We're in the process of trying to sell our home and eventually make the move. It has been interesting and exciting. Along the way I have been reacquainted with people I have know in the past with family friends in Cross Lake, township supervisors in Jenkins and Ideal and colleagues I have known who work in the area. City staff members have been great in helping me understand the area, give directions and let me know what the area businesses and restaurants have to offer.

I look forward to helping us all better life in Breezy Point. Thank you for the opportunity to serve your community.